A garden is a love song, a duet betweena human being and Mother Nature.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Sweet Peas and Bachelor Buttons







OK well the Bachelor Buttons and Sweet Peas I planted in the fall have bloomed.




The bachelor Buttons are doing very well, several blooms have opened with promises of many more to come. I got these seeds from Annie's Heirloom Seeds.
 On the other hand we have the Sweet Peas...wa wa.  The very few blooms I got had a very faint scent with an overtone of mildew, I just don't think they are a southern flower.

 I thought starting the seeds in the fall would make them more friendly and at home in Georgia but as you can see...I was wrong, as soon as the temperatures started to rise, and in defense of the Sweet Peas it the heat came in fast and Hot.  So out they will go to make some room for something else that can take some hot southern twang.

No comments:

Post a Comment