A garden is a love song, a duet betweena human being and Mother Nature.

Monday, June 18, 2012

How To Get Rid of White Flies

WHITE FLIES TAKE OVER
CARTERSVILLE GEORGIA

I am not going to take it anymore! They have taken over my tomatoes, peppers, beans and eggplant...NO MORE!
I have added another sprayer to my arsenal to fill will a concoction that will help in my efforts. (I also have one for my friend as well...loaded and ready)
For all those who are suffering from these terrible little buggers here is a plan of action.

1. Set the sprayer to jet and shoot the underside of your plants...this knocks them off.

2. Hang fly paper around your plants. The adults are attracted to them...if you can get rid of the adults you will only have the eggs left to deal with.

3. Mix the following spray and spray the underside of the leaves. You must spray the bugs directly or it wont have an effect.

I will be repeating this action several times over the next few weeks. Then I am thinking...though I am not to sure about this. Doing an oil spray to coat the plant to protect it...I don't know if this will work but I thought I might give it a shot.

Has anyone had any luck fighting these things? I sure would like to hear what you have to say.

White Fly Cocktail
1 Gallon Water
2 t Baking Soda
2 t Dish Soap
2 t White Vinegar

Spray plants 2-3 times a week in the cool part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment